Social-Security is NOT welfare; it is YOUR money which was supposed to be saved for later in life. Elite politicians “borrowed” money from Social Security Funds to prop-up other insolvent government programs. According to the annual trustee report published on July 14, 2017, Social Security Reserves will be completely bankrupt in approximately 15 years. Autry will propose legislation to solve this problem immediately. Autry supports:
- The creation of individual, tax-free, wage-earner social security accounts at a financial/brokerage institution of the wage-earner’s choice (with FDIC insurance protection);
- Restrict banker’s management of taxpayer social security accounts to only low and moderate-risk investments;
- Prohibit government from borrowing money from or against individual social security accounts;
- Permit current beneficiaries and those older than 55 to remain in the current system;
- Wage-earner Social Security accounts are tax free and may be passed on to friends or family.