The government must put job creation and the protection of small businesses and private property first--these three items, in concert, are the lifeblood of the American economy. Small businesses are the true job creators. Texas, amongst others, has proven reasonable (less-burdensome) regulations creates jobs and increases wages. Work builds confidence, improves mental health, and instills a sense of community. Autry will propose the following pieces of legislation:
- A law permitting any individuals, regardless of wealth, to invest in any private or public company;
- A law requiring initial IPO prices to be available to common individuals who agree to hold stock for 6 months;
- A law requiring that private property taken through regulation is the same as property taken through physical seizure;
- A law requiring that private property, taken by eminent domain is subject to a civil proceeding with a “trial by jury”;
- An amendment stating that private property taken through eminent domain may not be transferred to a private entity;
- An amendment requring any regulatory confiscation, fine and/or penalty, including for tax matters, on any single business or individual may not exceed $1,000 per a year without a “trial by jury” where the government has the burden of proof (see: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2017/07/08/mom-pop-fights-back-irs-taking-selling-entire-inventory).